To see the whole list of Low Carbon Buildings Climate Bonds, visit our List of Certified Bonds
The Wind Criteria is Climate Bonds Initiative's 2 oC aligned evidence based criteria for which wind energy projects and assets are eligible for Certification under the Climate Bonds Standard and Certification Scheme.
Is your asset / project eligible for Certification?
Broadly speaking, any onshore wind energy project / asset or transmission and supporting infrastructure are eligible.
For more details, please see the Eligibility Criteria document in the menu.
Offshore wind facilities are eligible for certification under the Marine Renewable Energy Criteria.
You can watch our Webinar on Wind Criteria and hear about the experience of one Issuer for wind energy bond here
CLIMATE BOND STANDARDS BOARD
Due to the non-disputed climate mitigation credentials of wind power it was not necessary to form a Technical Working Group. The finalized text of the Prototype V1.0 was approved by the Climate Bond Standards Board, a group of institutional investors and leading environmental NGOs, which at the time consisted of the following:
- California State Teachers Retirement Service(CalSTRS) represented by Paul Shantic, Acting Co-Director of Fixed Income.
- California State Treasurer John Chiang, represented by California State Deputy Treasurer Alan Gordon.
- CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project, represented by Chris Fowle.
- Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC), represented by Eric Borremans.
- The International Cooperative and Mutual Insurance Federation (ICMIF) represented by Shaun Tarbuck.
- Investor Group on Climate Change represented by Andrew Major.
- Investor Network on Climate Risk, represented by Peter Ellsworth at Ceres.
- The Natural Resources Defense Council, represented by Douglass Sims.